2018 Alvaredos-Hobbs Godello, D.O. Ribeira Sacra
One of the oldest varieties of the Iberian Peninsula, godello is a white grape indigenous to Galicia and highly regarded for its delicate texture and medium-high acidity. An early-ripened variety, it thrives in dry sites and well-drained soils, and is characterized by its small-sized berries and closely packed bunches. It is recognized for making age-worthy wines.
- Region: D.O. Ribeira Sacra
- Varietal composition: 100% Godello
- Harvest date: September 19 – October 8, 2018
- Fermentation & aging: Fermented using native yeasts and aged 10 months in foudres
- Bottled: September 14, 2019, unfined and unfiltered
Tasting notes: A delicately aromatic white wine displaying layered notes of lavender, citrus blossom, and kumquat with hints of white pepper. Beautifully balanced on the palate, with a medium body, bright acidity, and a lingering floral finish.
“A broad and alluring white, marked with layers of aromatic white blossom, honeyed peach, ginger and lychee. Shows finesse.” – 93pts Wine Spectator